The History of Calvary Christian Academy
Calvary Christian Academy is a private, non-profit Christian School founded in 1967 as a ministry of Calvary Baptist Church. The curriculum provides a traditional Christian education founded on the principles of the Scripture. These principles are inculcated in each subject throughout every class and by all instructors. The school implements the teachings of the family and the local church, helping to rear children in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.
Our mission is to assist Christian parents in the training of their children to conform to the image of Jesus Christ.
The primary purpose of Calvary Christian Academy is to provide a thoroughly Christ-centered, Bible-believing, educational program to prepare the student spiritually, academically, physically and socially for service to God, fellowman, and country. Even though knowledge is factually the same for the believer and unbeliever, no subject can be taught in its truth if its originator is ignored. In a practical way our school seeks to develop in young people self-disciplined Christian lives to help meet the need for righteous leadership in our homes, churches, communities, and country. The academic program, through the traditional approach, is developed to provide students with the best possible program of studies. It is the school’s responsibility to aid students in right thinking, good conduct, clean living, and in discerning truth from error in the light of the principles of God’s Word. We endeavor to give each child the education God expects in keeping with His instruction in Proverbs 22:6, “Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.” Our entire school program is designed to help parents fulfill this command of God.
Statement of Faith
- We believe in the verbal inspiration, inerrancy, and authority of the Scriptures in their entirety, both Old and New Testaments (II Timothy 3:16; II Peter 1:20-21).
- We believe that the Godhead exists eternally in three Persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit; and that these three are one God (Genesis 1:26; John 4:24; 10:30; Deuteronomy 6:4).
- We believe that man was created in the image and likeness of God but voluntarily fell from his sinless state. As a result, all men are sinners and hopelessly sinful in themselves apart from God (Genesis 1:27; 9:6; Romans 3:23; 5:12; Ephesians 2:1).
- We believe that the eternal Son of God became incarnate in the Lord Jesus Christ, conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin Mary, and is both true God and true man, apart from sin (John 1:1, 14, 18; Matthew 1:21-23; I John 5:20).
- We believe that salvation is received by grace alone through faith in the substitutionary death of the Lord Jesus Christ; that He died for our sins and was resurrected for our justification (I Peter 3:18; I Corinthians 15:1-4; Acts 4:12; Ephesians 2:8-9).
- We believe that every believer, born of the Spirit of God, can have full assurance of salvation and is eternally secure in Christ (John 3:5-6; I John 5:12-13; John 10: 28-29).
- We believe that every believer is called to a holy life of service and should belong to a Bible-believing local church for worship, fellowship, and for the furtherance of the gospel to every creature at home and around the world (I Pet. 1:15-16; Mat. 28:19-20; Heb. 10:25; Acts 1:8; Mark 16:15).
- We believe the Genesis account of creation is to be accepted literally; that the creation was accomplished in six (6), twenty-four (24) hour days; that man was created directly in God’s own image and likeness; that man’s creation was not a matter of evolution, or evolutionary change in species, or development through interminable periods of time from lower to higher life forms; that all animal and vegetable life were made directly by God, and God’s established law was that they should bring forth only “after their kind”. We deny any form of atheistic or theistic evolution. We further believe that God wonderfully foreordained and immutably created each person as either male or female in conformity with his or her biological sex. These two distinct yet complementary genders together reflect the image and nature of God (Gen. 1; 2:2; Ex. 20:11; Rom. 1:19-20).
- We believe that God has commanded that no intimate sexual activity be engaged in outside of a marriage between a man and a woman. We believe that any form of homosexuality, lesbianism, bisexuality, bestiality, incest, fornication, adultery and pornography are sinful perversions of God’s gift of sex. (Gen. 2:24; Gen. 19:5, 13; Gen. 26:8-9; Lev. 18:1-30; Rom. 1: 26-29; I Cor. 5:1; 6:9; I Thess. 4:1-8; Heb. 13:4)
Professional Misconduct Policy
All employees are required by Florida Statute to report misconduct by instructional personnel and school administration which affects the health, safety, or welfare of a student. The information should be reported to the school administrator. You may also contact the Department of Education. According to Florida law [ss. 39.203 and 768.095 (F.S.)], any individual reporting on a current or former employee, will be immune from any civil or criminal liability and may not be subject to dismissal in relation to reporting such misconduct. All administrative and instructional personnel must, as a condition of employment, complete training regarding the contents of this policy.
Calvary Christian Academy admits students of any race, color, and national or ethnic origin, granting rights, privileges, and access to all programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students of the school. The school does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, and national or ethnic origin in the administration of its admissions policies, educational policies, scholarships, athletics, and other school-administered programs.